SAZÓN SOFRITO SEASONING
This is the foundation to many Dominican and other Caribbean dishes with flavors that pop! You can use immediately, refrigerate after use, or you can freeze your sazón sofrito for later use. We call it sazón sofrito because there are many Dominicans who call this seasoning sazón and others call it sofrito, so we combined both words for this recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
What Do I Need?
- 1 red onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt or al gusto
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1 tablespoon of Simply Organics adobo or your own homemade adobo
How Do I Make It?
- Wash, peel, and coarsely chop everything. Cut onions in 4 pieces. Cut green and red pepper in half.
- Add green pepper, red pepper, red onion, garlic, cilantro, as well as salt and oregano to blender.
- Make sure the ingredients are blended into a pureé.